Author : politicalsettlements Category : global-justice-academy, knowledge-exchange, publications, impact
Tags : Colombia Colombia peace deal Colombiadecide Conciliation Resources ELN FARC-EP Havana Talk Jan Pospisil Peace Agreement Referendum
In response to the peace agreement signature in between the Colombian government and the Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces-Army of the People (FARC-EP) and subsequent referendum, PSRP researchers have commented on different aspects of the process.
Take the opportunity to explore our series of blog posts on Colombia and relevant research
Blog Post Series:
- Jan Pospisil investigates reasons behind its rejection in the fourth PSRP blog on the Colombia process entitled ‘Colombia: Don’t they want peace?‘ (published on 4 October 2016) – See also the press version in Die Presse in German.
- In Getting to ‘not yet’: Colombia’s Peace Agreement Referendum, Prof Christine Bell, PSRP’s Programme Director, addresses the result of the Colombian peace agreement referendum on Sunday, 2 October 2016 (published on 4 October 2016).
- Colombia: the Missing Actor, by Kristian Herbolzheimer, Director of the Philippines and Colombia Programmes at Conciliation Ressources. This piece addresses the absence of the insurgent National Liberation Army (ELN) in recent peace negotiations (published on 19 Septembre 2016).
- Colombia: Final Peace Agreement, Stakes and Challenges Ahead, by Dr. Virginia Bouvier, Senior Advisor at United States Institute of Peace. This blog analyses the Colombian final peace agreement resulting from the Havana Peace Negotiations between the Colombian government and the FARC-EP (published on 8 Septembre 2016).
- Conflict resolution: a hard sell in the political market? Lessons from Colombia, Dr Alexander Ramsbotham, PSRP researcher (published on 24 October 2016).
- No war and no peace in Colombia and the Philippines, by Kristian Herbolzheimer. This blog compares the Mindanao and Colombian peace negotiations and underlying political battles for public opinion in both the Filippino and Colombian contexts (published on 28 October 2016).
- ‘Symposium on the Colombian Peace Talks and International Law: Lex Pacificatoria Colombiana: Colombia’s Peace Accord in Comparative Perspective’, by Bell, Christine, AJIL Unbound (November 2016)
- ‘Different Violence, Different Justice? Transition and Transformation in Colombia’
- ‘Peacebuilding in South America: Colombia’
Both available among our video seminars!
See also our Briefing Paper 01/2015: Colombia Chronology, Jan Pospisil’s research about the ELN – ‘Ser Eleno’: Insurgent identity formation in the ELN, and our ongoing work on Colombia here.