UN Review Processes: Politics and international state- and peacebuilding
Download briefing paper.
Summary: This briefing paper examines three UN review documents produced in 2015 alongside the UN reform agenda and draws out key recommendations.
• Call for reform of UN’s work in fragile and conflict-affected states and a more dynamic and political approach.
• Need for more inclusive partnerships.
• More realistic UN peacekeeping missions: sequenced, two-stage mandating process.
• Distinction between impartiality and neutrality.
• ‘Political arrangements’ in regions have to be taken into account.
Keywords: UN; Processes; Statebuilding; Peacebuilding; Gender
Return to search all publications