- This event has passed.
Making inclusive peacemaking a reality: virtual launch of the PeaceFem mobile app
June 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join UN Women, University of Edinburgh’s Political Settlements Research Programme (PSRP), Monash Gender, Peace and Security Centre, and Inclusive Peace to celebrate the launch of the new PeaceFem mobile app.
A contribution to the growing field of peace tech that utilizes technology to support peace and security, the new PeaceFem app brings together data on women and peacemaking in one easy-to-use app in English and Arabic.
The launch seminar will be an opportunity for participants to discover the app and its functions, and to discuss peacemaking and technology as a tool for inclusivity. The webinar will be held via Zoom in English and Arabic with simultaneous translation. Register now.
- Barney Afako, Judge, Lawyer and Mediation Expert
- Miriam Colonel Ferrer, Senior Mediation Advisor on Process Design, Gender and Inclusion
- Rasha Jarhum, Co-Founder and Director of the Peace Track Initiative
- Christine Bell, Director, Political Settlements Research Programme
- Jacqui True, Director, Monash Gender, Peace and Security Centre
- Moez Doraid, Regional Director a.i., UN Women Regional Office for Arab States
- Thania Paffenholz, Executive Director, Inclusive Peace
This seminar is free and open to all. Booking is essential. Registered participants will be emailed a link to the Zoom webinar before the event.